1. When it comes to scoring, which part of the game do you consider to be the most important?
b. fairway shots
c. approach shots
2. A Sub-conscious in stroke correction is a common way to recover from a poor green read.
3. What is the most important quality you look for in a putter?
a. The sound the ball makes at contact
b. The looks of the putter and how it effects your confidence.
c. The head design and how it contributes to consistent ball contact
d. If tour players are using it
e. The price
4. If something in your stroke feels natural and easy, it will probably help you to make more putts.
5. Which aspect of putting has the most effect on your score?
a. Direction control
b. Distance control
c. Green reading
d. none of the above
6. Moment of Inertia of a putter is a measurement used to determine the amount of twist resistance the head will have on off center hits.
7. Which stroking method is considered to be more dependable?
a. Using your dominant hand
b. Using fingers , hands and or wrists
c. Applying weight shift to the motion
d. using your big muscles with a pendulum tempo, (shoulders and arms)
e. Using a shortened back stroke with a hitting motion to minimize club head movement
8. Spot putting, (aiming at a point on the green,) promotes putter head manipulation during the stroke.
9. What would you consider to be the correct order of importance for a successful putt to occur?
a. Stroke direction - sweet spot contact - face direction
b. Face direction - sweet spot contact - stroke direction
c. Sweet spot contact - stroke direction - face direction
d. Sweet spot contact -face direction - stroke direction
10. All things being equal, fast greens will break more than slow greens.
11. What is the main reason for keeping your eye on the ball when putting?
a. To control the distance of the ball
b. To control the direction of the ball
c. To make solid contact between the sweet spot of the putter and the ball.
d. To allow your mind to visualize the distance and direction.
12. Standing with your eyes parallel to the aim line (over the ball at address), is the best position you can be in when lining up a putt.
13. What is the greatest advantage to increasing a putter heads MOI?
a. It produces a better roll to the ball at contact.
b. It is primarily a industry buzz word that really does not have much effect on putter performance.
c. It increases head stability in order to maintain a square face through impact.
d. It increases the preferred impact area on the face which eliminates inaccuracies in both distance and direction do to off center hits.
e. Both c and d.
14. Touch and feel in putting equates to making a visual distance assessment followed by energy application to the ball.
15. Green reading skills can improve if you can improve on your putting mechanics and consistency.
16. The distance a ball rolls is determined by the amount of energy generated with the putter that is then transferred to the ball.
17. Touch and feel along with muscle memory,are not reliable without solid, repeatable mechanics.
18. The grooves on a putter face can produce over spin that will help the ball to hold the line as it rolls.
19. What is the only way to increase the Moment Of Inertia (MOI) of a putter head.
a. Adding weight to the putter head
b. Adding loft to the putter face
c. Adding size to the putter head
d. Adding counter-balance to the overall putter
e. Both a and c.
20. Increasing Moment Of Inertia will increase the sweet spot size of a putter.
1.-E-- 2-A-- 3.-C-- 4.-B-- 5.-B-- 6.-A-- 7.-D -- 8.-A-- 9.-D -- 10.-A-- 11.-C-- 12.-B-- 13.-E-- 14.-A-- 15.-A-- 16.-A---- 17.-A-- 18.-B-- 19.-E-- 20.-B